users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Install hangs when starting domains

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:08:35 PDT

I'm at work so I don't have access to the actual output, but it goes something like

INPUT policy DENY
anything on loopback jumps to ACCEPT
anything that is RELATED or ESTABLISHED jumps to ACCEPT (not sure what this means, but every guide I've read on iptables includes this)
anything from the ip and mac combination of my desktop machine jumps to ACCEPT
anything from my friend's ip and mac combination jumps to ACCEPT

deny everything else

FORWARD policy DENY
no rules here

OUTPUT policy ACCEPT
no rules here

My desktop has all 3 chains set to ACCEPT with no rules.

I'll be at lunch in an hour and I'll try to set forward to accept and see what happens.
[Message sent by forum member 'tenmiles' (tenmiles)]