users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Namespace Help Requested

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:56:31 PDT

First of all, an XML namespace is not a URL. It's a URI, which means it's just an identifier. It doesn't represent a location on the internet. I suggest you read Thomas Erl's "Web Service Contract Design and Versioning for SOA" for hints on how to structure the namespaces for the WSDL and XML Schema. Also note that the WSDL schema and XML schema should be similar, but not the same. The book talks about this.

Concerning the location of the schema, because tools actually do need to get a hold of the schema, I'd advise you to use an "entity resolver". See the following article for some general information about this: <http://xml.apache.org/commons/components/resolver/resolver-article.html>

I'm not familiar with Glassfish, or exactly what you're trying to do, so I don't know specifically how you would plug in an entity resolver into this process.
[Message sent by forum member 'dkarr' (dkarr)]