users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JEE LifecycleListener Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 05:09:39 PDT

Hi,

I am not sure why you would want to hookup LifecycleListener to solve this problem. Decide on how to do this by looking at the unit of work being done. If the unit comprises of the original request from the client, the message to the third party, the response back from the third party and finally, the response back to the client, I would just have the whole thing done in the web tier.

However if the unit of work can be broken down into two parts, then I would suggest you use a MessageBean to integrate the thirdparty and Grizzly Comet (https://grizzly.dev.java.net/ and supported in Glassfish 2.1) to push the response back to the client.

Specifically to your question, Have a look at http://docs.sun.com/source/817-6087/dglfcycl.html and how you can use the LifecycleEventContext to look up JNDI object defined in your domain.xml.

Glad to help
Cheers
su./hail
[Message sent by forum member 'suhail' (suhail)]