users@glassfish.java.net

JEE LifecycleListener Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:58:05 PDT

Hello;

I have a messaging application that, hopefully, will run in the SUN application server (glassfish). We will have clients call our application and our application needs to post a message request to a third party application via RV messaging. The third party has provided a Java api for us to call, but under the covers a RV message is sent out then a response is returned. This returned response is then parsed and sent back to the calling client.

We plan on using LifecyceListener object to execute the call between the EJB and the third party application. We plan on spinning some threads during that call. This from what I am told is the proper implementation especially when running a thread.

My first question is this the proper way to go?

Second question during the LifecycleListener INIT and START, READY events I create the object that will ultimately connect to the third party application, but how does the EJB that call this LifecycleListener implementation instance get access to it after the READY method has been called?????

Thanks in Advance
[Message sent by forum member 'peterdelaney' (peterdelaney)]