users@glassfish.java.net

Re: application client project and external jars

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 08:18:41 PDT

> Hi.
> As the developer of the app, you will need to make
> sure that your client has access to whatever
> libraries it needs. There are several ways to do
> this: for example, package the JAR in the application
> so the client has access, or place the JAR into the
> client system's Java extensions directory. Placing
> the JAR into a server-side directory that only the
> server has access to will not make it accessible to
> your client.

ok, I use NetBeans 6.5.1 and when I add the MySQL lib to the project I found into the client jar (under META-INF/lib) but in the manifest I can't find any reference to that, probably the problem is there

> A side question: Do you intend for your client to
> access a MySQL database, as opposed to the client
> accessing a server component such as an EJB which in
> turn accesses the database from the server? There's
> nothing inherently wrong with that; I just want to
> make sure I understand what you are trying to do.

is just a test, I'm new of JavaEE programming, but I have the same problem if I try to inject an EJB (in that case the client can't find remote interface, but the right jar is just under META-INF/lib again)

Thanks Tim...

--
Luca Morettoni <luca(AT)morettoni.net> | OpenSolaris SCA #OS0344
Web/BLOG: http://www.morettoni.net/ | http://twitter.com/morettoni