users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Virtual Servers not working correctly on Glassfish

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:04:33 -0700

On 04/ 3/09 05:26 PM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> OK thanks for the input, I tried as you suggested, but got the same behavior. What strikes me as odd is other webapps are working fine in this same scenario, and just two of them are not.
>
> Also, I am having a hard time understanding the difference between assigning a webapp a virtual server, and assigning a virtual server a default web app. Can someone help explain in easy terms the difference between assigning as such in the two different spots?

Consider this example:

Config:

  http-listener:
     id: "mylistener"
     port: 1234

  virtual-server:
     id: "myvs"
     hosts: "abc"
     http-listeners: "mylistener"

Deploy foo.war on virtual server "myvs":

-> foo.war will be accessible at

     http://abc:1234/foo

Declare foo.war as the default-web-module of virtual server "myvs":

-> foo.war will be accessible at both

     http://abc:1234/foo

   and

     http://abc:1234/

i.e., for as long as foo.war is declared as the default-web-module
of "myvs", it will not only be accessible at its designated context
root "/foo", but will also "occupy" the root context ("/") of "myvs".

Jan