users@glassfish.java.net

Re: All request processing threads are busy and connections count increasing

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:31:53 +0100

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a problem with Glassfish-2.1.
> Everything is running well several days but sometimes GF stops responding.
> I've monitored GF while down time all 5 request processing threads were busy and
> open connections count was increasing. I couldn't see any problem in thread dump.
> Colud you please help, what is locking request processing threads ?

Can you send the thread dump when it starts queing requests? I suspect
the WorkerThread are locked on the db connection pool/ jdbc. When that
happens, Grizzly starts queuing requests until it reach the max (4096)
then start dropping request (this is to prevent DoS). Increasing the
thread might help but would be better to see what happening when it
start slowing down.

A+

-- jeanfrancois