users@glassfish.java.net

Re: ${com.sun.aas.javaRoot} variable reference

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:08:04 PDT

Thank you for all your comments, gentlemen.
I conclude from this:
- It is not possible to view or set the ${com.sun.aas.javaRoot} variable directly.
- ${com.sun.aas.javaRoot} is only mentioned in processLauncher.xml and in domain.xml, but it is not set there.
- Glassfish sets this variable when it is started. If no AS-JAVA or JAVA-HOME is present, it will use the path system variable.
- You can override the use of the path system variable by setting AS-JAVA in asenv.conf (server wide), or by setting JAVA-HOME in <java-config> in domian.xml (domain wide).
- These variables only work in the admin console, if you use the asadmin command in a DOS-window, you have to put the JDK-libs in your path.
- Apparently some other problems exists, but hopefully they will be adressed in the september release.
In my case, I don't use JAVA-HOME or AS-JAVA, but I have put the JDK-bin lib in my path, this seems to work. So I consider my question answered.
[Message sent by forum member 'driesknottnerus' (driesknottnerus)]