users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Access control on an HTTP listener or virtual server?

From: Gabor Szokoli <szocske_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:27:35 +0100

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_sun.com> wrote:
> On 03/19/09 01:49 AM, Gabor Szokoli wrote:
>> I'd like to impose security realm based access restrictions on an HTTP
>> listener or Virtual Server
> Have you considered configuring your virtual-server with a custom valve
> that would perform the authentication?

Nope, never heard of them before.

So I guess there's no configuration-level way to do it yet.

> You would specify your valve (including its fully qualified class name)
> as a property of your virtual server.

That just leaves me the task of creating a custom valve that bounces
back unauthenticated requests with 401 responses I guess?

> Let us know if you have any questions on how to do this.

Seems well documented, but it's not our worst itch right now.
I'll get back to you once it is :-)

Gabor Szokoli