users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Eclipse 3.4 and Glassfish plugin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:39:22 PDT

Ok, what finally worked was doing a chmod g+x on my domains folder (mine happened to be in my home folder) and then specifying --domaindir when I fired it up. I had been trying something like
asadmin start-domain ~/.workspace/domains/defaultDomain
but what I needed was
asadmin start-domain --domaindir ~/.workspace/domains/ defaultDomain
and then having write permissions on ~/.workspace/domains/. I just gave myself permissions recursively, but it would be cool to know exactly what I need permissions for. I suppose that if/when I deploy to the web it won't matter because it should just be uploading a .jar via the server interface where it has all the permissions it needs...hopefully.
[Message sent by forum member 'tenmiles' (tenmiles)]