users@glassfish.java.net

Web Apps Security Not working

From: Pavneet Kaur <Pavneet.Kaur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:04:14 -0500
I am trying to verify the Web APP security with Glassfish. Following is the extract of a web.xml of a sample web app (with form-based authentication) :

       <web-resource-collection>
           <web-resource-name>Administration</web-resource-name>
           <url-pattern>/admin/*</url-pattern>
       </web-resource-collection>

This is to protect resources under /admin

But in my test domain running on Solaris, the server didn't treat the /admin/admin.jsp as the protected resource and instead of directing to the login page, admin.jsp got displayed without authentication. This seem to be a problem on Glassfish build: (build b08-p03) and works as expected on build b05-p01.

Any pointer on what could be going on here?

Thanks,

Pavneet