users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 9.1 domain creation using asadmin CLI

From: Pavneet Kaur <Pavneet.Kaur_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:50:18 -0500
This is used by Enterprise Manager (TomCat server util) that monitors the Glassfish servers.

Thanks,

Kedar Mhaswade wrote:
This is a little weird. I am not aware of any offset of 569 that
is set aside for a port assigned to a standard GF functionality.

You are safe when you space the portbase by 100, AFAIK because
create-domain does not do reserve anything other than what it
prints on console.

Can you do netstat/lsof and find out what this port is all about?

-Kedar

Pavneet Kaur wrote:
Hello User group,

What is the port distribution while creating a new domain using the command "create-domain name portbase"?

Following are the port detail for a domain created using -portbase 33200 in create-domain:

Using port 33248 for Admin.
Using port 33280 for HTTP Instance.
Using port 33276 for JMS.
Using port 33237 for IIOP.
Using port 33281 for HTTP_SSL.
Using port 33238 for IIOP_SSL.
Using port 33239 for IIOP_MUTUALAUTH.
Using port 33286 for JMX_ADMIN.

We notice that 33769 is also used if we enable managing the domain from  Enterprise Manager, though there isn't any documentation on what is expected to run on this port. Also, we have had port collisions when there multiple domains separated by base numbers of 100.

What base port number spacing is recommend to ensure no port collisions?

Thanks,

Pavneet
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@glassfish.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@glassfish.dev.java.net