users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Properties resource ? is it a good idea ?

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:06:19 +0100

There is nothing like that because the Java EE way to store configuration params is to put them in the ejb-jar.xml file. The core idea of this originally was that all configuration is to be stored in a directory service (like ActiveDirectory, OpenLDAP etc) so administrators can modify the configuration easily with any LDAP- or JNDI-aware tool (or the native tools / GUIs of the directory vendor), while the value found in ejb-jar.xml will be just the defaults. Unfortunately it seems as if no server vendor supports this, at least officially. This some kind of strange, because in the Windows world for example, it is pretty usual to store anything in the AD...