users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish on Ubuntu 8.04, /usr/bin/asadmin

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 00:28:32 PDT

I have installed Glassfish v2 on Ubuntu 8.04 using APT. Unusually, it does not come with read configuration files and I am trying to write some.

It seems they have put something of their own in /usr/bin, which does not pass on all its command line parameters, in fact it seems to strip them off. Anyone else seen this?

The comments in /usr/bin/asadmin suggest that I should look at /usr/share/glassfish2/bin/asadmin, which has a Sun Copyright statement but fixing it would be more Linuxy and doesn't seem so hard.

Who owns this code i.e. /usr/bin/asadmin? There is no authorship, nor license header in the file.

--
Dave
[Message sent by forum member 'davelevy' (davelevy)]