users@glassfish.java.net

Bug Report for Admin-gui: unexpected behavior in JDBC connection pool configuration

From: Wu Jie <wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:13:38 +0800

Hi Anissa
Hi GUI Dev Team

I encountered an unexpected behavior when operate "Validation Method"
of JDBC connection pool in GF V2.1. the following is the phenomenon and
repreduction.

1. Create a JDBC connection pool.
specify "Validation Method" as "table", and an non-exist table for
"Table Name".

2. excute "Ping"
click the button "Ping", and an expected message is output which means
the specified table is not exist.

3. change the value of "Validation Method"
update the value of "Validation Method" of the JDBC connection pool created
in step 1. set "auto-commit" instead of "table" and save it.

4. get the value of "Validation Method" back to "table"
set the value of "Validation Method" form "auto commit" back to "table",
left
the "Table Name" as blank and save it.
#although "table name" can not be left blank when "Validation Method" is
specified
#as "table", indirectly set blank for it by step 3 and 4. I think it is
the unexpected
#behavior, and regard it as a bug.

5. click "Ping"
unexpectedly, ping failure is due to the non-exist table which specified
in step 1.
#why the old value of "table name" is used. is it cached by MBean or other?

the simillar phenomenon maybe take place in any other component in GUI.
(e.g when create a JDBC Resource with invalid char for jndi name.
sometimes it
may be successful, in situation the domain.xml will be broken.)

Anissa, could you please give me the solution or suggestion. and
appreciation in ahead :-) .

Thanks
-Wu

 Wu Jie
 Development Dept.II
 Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
 8/F., Civil Defense Building, No.189 Guangzhou Road,
 Nanjing, 210029, China
 TEL: +86+25-86630566-956
 COINS: 79955-956
 FAX: +86+25-83317685
 Mail: wujie_at_cn.fujitsu.com
 This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
 contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
 disclosure under applicable law. If you are not an intended recipient of
 this communication, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
 distribution or copying hereof is strictly prohibited. If you have
 received this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail,
 permanently delete this communication from your system, and destroy any
 hard copies you may have printed.