users@glassfish.java.net

OpenESB (http-bc) performance: Webservice invocation from BPLE-SE

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:48:41 PDT

Hi
   I am running a load test on Glassfish/OpenESB with simple HelloWorld web service invocation from BPLE.
 It's simple App which receive a SOAP request, goes to BPLE SE which invokes the Web service running on Glassfish.

JMeter Client (Incoming Request:SOAP) ==> HTTP-BC ==>BPLE SE ==> Invoke in a while loop with 5 iteration==> HTTP-BC ==>Hello Web Service ==>Hello Web Service Response ==> HTTP-BC ==> BPLE Reply ==>HTTP-BC ==>JMeter client)

Here Web Service just returns a static string so no business logic involved.

Above application gives me around 350 TPS (Transactions per Second)

Now if I comment out the Invoke like from BPLE and still execute the BPLE Loop, I get around 1700 TPS which means BPLE execution is not a bottle neck.

I ran another test with JMeter which send direct requests to the Hello Web Service (without going through ESB), I get roughly 2000 TPS.

So it seems Web service invocation within BPLE SE is very expensive and is a bottleneck for performance. I have tried to optimize based on few recommendations so now I get 350 TPS. Earlier it was getting 280 TPS.

Any suggestions how can I improve the performance of web service invocation from BPLE SE?
[Message sent by forum member 'rinku24' (rinku24)]