users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish 2.1 doesn't use <message-destination-link> element for MDB de

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:10:21 PDT

Hi Szymon,

Thanks for such a detailed message. The historical problem is there has unfortunately never
been a portable way to specify the physical destination for a message-driven bean, even
for JMS message-driven beans. That's why there's no formal relationship between the message-destination linking information and the activation-config.

Having said that, you're correct that we could indeed use the jndi-name associated with the message-destination that is linked to the messge-driven-bean. The application wouldn't be
able to rely on that behavior across vendors any more than it can now rely on mappedName being used, but
if it's specified I agree it would be good to take it into account. Please file an issue in
bug tracker for this. If you could include your full analysis it would be much appreciated :-)

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

 --ken
[Message sent by forum member 'ksak' (ksak)]