users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish cluster (load balancing)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 07:41:44 PDT

Hi,

My application is deployed on to GlassFish (Sun App Server 9.1) in cluster environment (2 application servers). Requests are distributing to the both the server but distribution is not balanced i.e. application server2 has more number of request then application server1 (ratio is oppox 1:2). Policy for load balancing is round-robin.

Can anyone tell me why the request going to both the servers are not equaly distributed? What needs to be done to get them more balanced? Right now the request are not so high so this can be managed but going forward we are expecting more number of requests.

Also I have F5 load balancer and two webservers in addition to application server. Request hits the F5 and then distributed to application servers via web-servers.

Thanks In advance.

Regards,
mvrk
[Message sent by forum member 'mvrk_in' (mvrk_in)]