users@glassfish.java.net

Re: your current Glassfish evaluation

From: Felipe Gaúcho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:39:35 +0100

I am using Websphere, Tomcat, JBoss and Glassfish in my day-by-day work..

Glassfish is far the most easy to configure...

About performance, who knows.. you need to establish benchmarks and it
is very hard to be fair on that .. but I never noticed any performance
loss on Glassfish side. .

I would prefer to compare only Java EE Containers - what removes
Tomcat from the list.. and "velocity" should be parametrized with the
kind of application you are talking about..

V3 and other "lightweight" options only make sense if you are talking
about pure web-applications, and I believe j2ee containers are more
tailored for heavy resource consumers (jms, javamail, ejb. etc..) than
 simple toy html examples..

yes, you can load a web servers under a second... and so what ? what
you do with that ? just deliver html pages ? ok, it is not enough for
serious business. .. IMHO...

just my 2 cents..