users@glassfish.java.net

Custom Login with groups stored in a database

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 02:36:48 PST

Hi,

I am quite new to web application development but am a competant java programmer.

I have a database for my application which has a users table, groups table, and another table which maps users to groups.

I want to use this same databse for users to login to a web application with the groups in the database used for permissions in the database.

I also want to use a custom login jsp page to login with.
The user should always be directed to the login page to login and can then access the rest of the web site.

What do I need to configure/code to get this custom authentication to work, and how do i get the groups in the database to map to security groups mapped in the web configuration.

Regards

Liam
[Message sent by forum member 'liammorren' (liammorren)]