users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot remove zlib.pyd when uninstalling

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:57:31 -0700

Unless you changed any of the updatetool default settings, updatetool
notifier process would automatically get registered with the desktop and
run as soon as you either installed Prelude or bootstrapped updatetool
utility. GF Prelude uninstaller will unregister notifier startup, but it
seems that this does not also stop already running notifier process so
files which are in use will not get properly uninstalled. If this is the
case, you should see updatetool.exe and python.exe process in the
process list of the Task Manager.

FWIW, zlib.pyd is legitimate part of python installation used to run
updatetool and pkg clients, cc-ing dev_at_updatecenter alias if you have
any further questions on this aspect of your problem.

Thanks,

Snjezana