users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Wrong parameter for this method - connection pool error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 07:44:45 PDT

I got this exact same error after installing NB6.5 and GF2.2, but it worked out-of-the-box with NB6.1 and GF2.1.

I resolved it by removing all settings other than these (in the Addition Properties tab of the Resources/JDBC/Connection Pools screen in the GF admin) for the connection pool: User, DatabaseName, Password, serverName, URL, portNumber.

I can't remember which, but I think one of the ones i removed had a value of 'off' (it related to security/SSL IIRC). I believe that removing that fixed it.

I consider this a bug in either the NB or GF distributions, or a version mismatch.
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury)]