users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish equivalent of weblogic startup class

From: NBW <emailnbw_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:21:48 -0400

You can create a ServletContextListener which will get called when your
context starts. That's in the web tier, in EJB 3.0 which is bundled in
Glassfish 2.1 there's no such equivalent so one technique is to call your
EJB(s) that need to run on startup from the ServletContextListener. You will
also need to make sure to add EJB refs. to your web.xml. The Glassfish EJB
FAQ here might be useful to you as well:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html