users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with Glassfish ports when running stand-alone apps on Win XP

From: Mujahid Mohamed <ajmujaa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 13:57:11 +0600

Hi

When you install the NB 6.5 bundled with glassfish the derby database also
comes with them.
If you uninstall the that would be prefer to remove the glassfish server as
well.
then when u install the fresh NB 6.5 u can install the glassfish as well.
But the derby DB will be
installed with them. you can't remove the derby.

If you use MySQL its really good. to configure mysql go to servers and
selecte databases node in netbeans.
there you can find the mysql, derby and some other db servers. just
disconnect others and only connect the mysql

this would be work.