users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Debugging Glassfish CPU usage

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 06:45:19 PDT

Hi JF,

We seem to have hacked our way around the second problem (as you may have seen below), but after 24 hours of perfect stability, the original problem for which I created this thread has arisen again. The CPU randomly spiked from a normal of about 33% to over 750% (8-core machine). I have a 4 thread dumps spanning almost an hour (the first 3 were taken automatically but monitoring script I had, the last I took when rebooting glassfish). After a reboot, glassfish went back to behaving normally. Do these thread dumps suggest the spinning state you were referring to?

I should note some configuration updates we had to make to solve the sluggishness problem described below. We are now running with 1 acceptor thread, 20 initial request processing threads, and 80 max request processing threads.

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'rwillie6' (rwillie6)]