users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Exception while JNDI lookup from standalone client

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 05:45:42 PDT

You said:
> I have a standalone java client library which does the JNDI lookup for Stateless bean. I am getting following errors.

What is this "standalone java client library"? I assume it's not statelessbean.jar because that sounds like the SSB the client is trying to access.

The error sounds like the CLIENT doesn't have access to the remote interface of the SSB. Merely deploying them to the same app.server is not sufficient - you must include the SSB's remote class in the same jar/ear as the client code (ie. in the "standalone java client library"'s jar/ear file).

Please review the glassfish EJB FAQ for more details: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/EJB_FAQ.html
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury)]