users@glassfish.java.net

Resource Creation on Clusters (connector connection pools and resources)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:59:51 PDT

Hi,

We are building a CAPS 6 implementation at a client site and working on deployment.

I am having a little difficulty understanding the architecture of connector resources on Clusters for Java CAPS ESB.

In a non-clustered environment, all resources created for a CAPS project are created on the default server instance and the EJBs utilise that.

In a clustered environment, my understanding is that each instance should have its own thread pools, connector resources etc. Is this correct? Or does this only apply to thread pools? Are connectors and connector resources centrally managed by the DAS?

If so, how do I create the resources on the cluster? The reason I ask this is because the asadmin create-connector-connection-pool command bundled with GlassFish 2 has the target option as deprecated. There is thus no way to create these resources on the cluster, or am I incorrect?

Any input is greatly appreciated,

[Message sent by forum member 'anthonie' (anthonie)]