users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Sun, IBM and future of Glassfish project?

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:37:11 +0100

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
> As a side note, the one I AM willing to guess about is Netbeans. It
> would die. The good parts, such as the profiler, would hopefully be
> retooled as Eclipse plugins.

Usually these discussions indeed lead nowhere, but while we're at it: Given
that this way IBM would gain full control of Java including Swing and all, I
surely hope they finally put that crippled semi-portable UI framework (SWT)
to rest and push forth Swing about that. And I surely hope (and actually
would even help) for a NetBeans fork if this is how it has to go; working
with both Eclipse and NetBeans on a daily basis right now, I don't need a
second guess which one is the better of these tools (just see: profiling, UI
designer, maven tooling, Glassfish integration, web services tooling
(especially talking about clients), Java ME...).

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink