users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish Session Lost after replicate.

From: vivekanandh sedhumadhavan <Vivekanandh.Sedhumadhavan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:46:26 -0700

On Mar 23, 2009, at 6:52 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:

> I got 2 pcs ,
>
> GlassFish v2.1 final , Apach2 2.2 Mod_JK , Suse Linux,
> Das, Apache Mok_JK , and Node 1 at (PCA)
> Node 2 at (PCB)
>
> Tested with a jsf web application with clusterjsf pages to show
> session in the project.
>
> Fail over test by changing the worker in apache to point to another
> instance,
Hi,
Replication assumes session stickyness is maintained between the
requests, unless there is a real failover.

For the stickyness to work pls see the following blogs.
http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/supporting_apache_loadbalancer_with_glassfish
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/arungupta/archive/2009/01/totd_67_how_to.html

  bring down the instance that serviced the request to test the
failover.
thanks
-vivek