users@glassfish.java.net

Re: deploy a ejb component and a web application without using EAR application

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:19:01 PST

Hello Sahoo,

Sorry for taking this matter again.

I defined several EJB 3 with remote interfaces.
I also defined Web Services which access this EJB through the remote interfaces.
Applications accesing webservices work fine.

Now I need that my visual JSF Web application to access the EJB´s remote interfaces.
I declared the EJB jar as a library.
I added the library as a resource to my Web Application, so I do not have the class not found problem.

Within a JSF page I declared the the @EJB to the remote interface.
When I try to access any method on the declared EJB I get a nullPointer Exception.

The glassFish documentation states that it resolves the dependencies automatically if only remote interfaces exists.

I am lost. Please advise. Thank you.

Antonio
[Message sent by forum member 'antoniojsg' (antoniojsg)]