users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Dynamic user registration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:27:54 PST

Hi Felipe,

thanks for your answer. I saw that JDBC realm and thought it could be done with it. But there is very little information about it.

The first step would be then to create the tables. Can you point me to the documentation how these tables should look like? Eg. some open questions:
- I guess all columns (username, password, groupname) have to be Strings, right?
- Any min./ max. length restrictions?
- Does the user table have to have a foreign key column for the group table?
- How will the group table be used?
- What about roles? (It's not the same as a group, right?)
- What should I set to: (Note I translated the names to English myself, so maybe they are not 100% equal. How can change the language of the Glassfish Admin Console to English?):
   -- Assign Group: What is this used for? What should I set here?
   -- DB user: when is this needed?
   -- DB password: when is this needed?
   -- Digest-Algorithm: What is the default if empty? MD5? What do you recommend?
   -- Encoding: What is the default if empty? What do you recommend?
   -- Character set: What is the default if empty? What do you recommend?

Probably I have to enable the SecurityManager, too, right? Do you recommend to activate the protocolling, too?

-Florian
[Message sent by forum member 'puce' (puce)]