users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with javax.imageio and Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 10:18:03 PST

Hi Jeanfrancois

Thanks for your practical suggestions.

Adding that jvm_option didn't fix it but it did change the throwable error - before the cause was null and now it shows it:

javax.imageio.spi.ImageWriterSpi: Provider com.sun.media.imageioimpl.plugins.jpeg.CLibJPEGImageWriterSpi could not be instantiated: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: vendorName == null! cause: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: vendorName == null!

I am going to strip my war file right down to the bones and I will try and compare the classpaths between Glassfish and JBoss to see if something isn't loading. If that doesn't work I will file an issue as you suggest.

Thanks for the help.
[Message sent by forum member 'polishben' (polishben)]