users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster node agent is running but seems down on DAS

From: Jon Faldmo <jfaldmo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:37:22 -0700

That is strange that the message from the log you mentioned was the only
message. I would have thought you would have gotten something like
"NodeAgent not found".

I don't know if you can start a node agent from the DAS if the node agent is
on a different server than the DAS.
There are two ways that I know to start a node agent that is on a different
server than the DAS.
1) If you installed the asadmin command line options on the "non-DAS" server
along with the node agent you should be able to start the node agent from
that non-das server using the normal CLI start-up command. (E.g asadmin
start-node-agent --agentdir /opt/SUNWappserver/nodeagents NodeAgentName)

2) "cd" to /opt/SUNWappserver/nodeagents/NodeAgentName/agent/bin directory
and run "./startserv"

I have usually use option 2 because that was the first way I learned how to
do it. I would be interested in knowing if you can start the a node-agent on
a "non-DAS" server from the DAS. But since nothing is on the "non-DAS"
server listening already I don't think it is possible.

Hope that helps,
Jon

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Sandor Nemeth <sandor.nemeth.1986_at_gmail.com