users@glassfish.java.net

Re: load problems

From: Felipe Gaúcho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:52:35 +0100

Sure, later I can send you a link with my EAR file..

I produced the heavy load, creating a small Java client that calls my
frontpage URL many-times.....

* my backend service is heavy by nature.. I will fix that soon, but
for now each new request do a database query that loads all
advertisements from a table, render the JSF components and respond..

I will implement a filter to avoid to load all advertisements (today
the ads are less than a thousand... but in a real situation can be
tousand, or even dozen thousands.. )

before to implement the trick to alleviate the server, I would like to
understand how to avoid Glassfish to hangh under pressure.. probably a
simple (or not so) tunning in a config somewhere...