users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB timer service can not automatically migration

From: <shockwave_115_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:06:42 +0800

Hi

When I look into the source code, I found the timer migration is invoked by
AdminEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(AdminEvent event), so does it means the
node failure event is monitored by DAS instead of other instance? If so how
can I achieve the HA if DAS crashed?

And the automatically migration problem is still there, I don't know how to
do further investigation, I stop one instance on node one, I can see nothing
showed in the logs of instance two on the node two.

For my understanding, at least instance two should have the heartbeat with
instance one, so when instance one crashed, instance two can know it. If so,
why use multicast?

BRs
Jason