users@glassfish.java.net

EJB3.0 in glassfish with netbeans

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 18:20:50 PST

Maybe I'm missing something but I thought that Session Beans and JNDI lookups were supposed to be available to any POJO within the same application server.
I have a POJO in an enterprise app within netbeans running under glassfish.

It is being called by a web-app thats part of the same enterprise pakage within netbeans but any time I try to access a session bean or javamail session I get a "No object bound to name" error.

If I make my POJO in the ejb-app a session bean then I can inject it into the web-app and everything works fine.
Maybe my understanding of the injection process is incorrect.
Is it the case that POJOs can only access local EJBs if they are in a web-app deployed on the same server.
[Message sent by forum member 'axlesoft' (axlesoft)]