users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Cannot start application server on Windows Vista (followup)

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:41:38 -0500

I cleared the NullPointerException

netstat -a -o | grep 4848 (gets the owning process)
ps -ef | grep ProcessOwnerId

I still cannot understand why a Port bound on 4848 causes NullPointerException
with NOTHING in the server.log

How goes the 64bit installation?

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

From: mgainty_at_hotmail.com
To: users_at_glassfish.dev.java.net
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:08:24 -0500
Subject: RE: Cannot start application server on Windows Vista

Ryan-

I found the 64bit environment far more accomodating to GF than 32 bit environment
Installed, deployed and worked without any twiddling (except for the horrible permissions matrix)
Now when I start the same app (domain1) in GF on legacy 32 bit i see
asadmin> start-domain domain1
Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
Log redirected to %GLASSFISH_HOME%\domains\domain1\logs\server.log.
java.lang.NullPointerException
CLI156 Could not start the domain domain1.
asadmin>
server.log is blank?

Suggestions to find out why GF wont deploy domain1?