users@glassfish.java.net

Outside world cannot connect to my server.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:00:52 PST

Greetings !

I have recently gotten my Glassfish v2 SJSAS server running, and it works. This probably has been asked 100 times before, but nothing gave answer to my question on the past 14 pages, so forgive me.

The problem is that my application cannot be reached from the outside world by typing in my IP address. It can only be reached from my localhost. Windows firewall is switched off, router ports are forwarded. I've troubleshooted for hours but still, the following message remains in Firefox:

"The page seems to be available but Firefox couldn't connect to it." Etc, the same with friends that I ask to connect to it.

Is there anyone who knows what I might have missed ? I really want others to be able to use my programs that I made in Netbeans !

Thanks a lot in advance,

Wouter
[Message sent by forum member 'wotuu' (wotuu)]