users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Make my own admin interface?

From: Dobes Vandermeer <dobesv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:36:34 -0800 (PST)

I reported my gripes with log viewing else where - specifically they aren't
rendered in pre-formatted mode so the line breaks are gone and the stack
traces are a mess. It also strips off everything before the first ":" if
any and calls it a "Message ID" - hardly any of my logs have a message ID so
this messes up a lot of log lines.

I'd like to make a log and stats viewer that gives me a nicer dashboard with
logging configuration and maybe read out some useful stats like VM size etc.
Maybe create some drill-downs. Also if it would use a cookie to "remember
me" so I don't have to log in so often, that would be great. I dunno, it's
a "pie in the sky" right now, I don't quite have a lot of time to work on
it. But if I thought I could whip up a decent log viewer in an afternoon I
might do it.

Who knows what would follow after that ... maybe a dashboard with
reqs/second, VM memory usage, etc..