users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Queueing jobs for processing in their own thread/transaction?

From: Brian Repko <brianrepko_at_fastmail.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:21:19 -0600

Dobes,

I would really recommend that you look at using Spring. Transactional
stuff works - even against JTA transaction manager. I don't know about
the timeouts/timers (lots of questions/issues posted here about EJB
Timers) but you might look at Quartz with the Spring TaskExecutor
framework on top of that.

Your work is like a servlet - nothing transactional about it but it can
start one. You just don't get container injection. But again, you can
use Spring for that.

Not sure if that is an option for you but I have similar requirements
and things just work if I don't rely on the container for it ;-)

Brian