users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv3 Simplified EJB deployment problem

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:01:41 +0530

Hi Cay,

Welcome back in GlassFish forum!

As per JPA 1.0 spec (section #6.2), the valid places to package your
persistence.xml in a war file are:

a) WEB-INF/classes/META-INF directory,
b) META-INF directory of a jar file in the WEB-INF/lib directory of a
WAR file.

For #a and #b, the /persistence unit root/ is WEB-INF/classes or the
jar file respectively. The /persistence unit root/ is used during
discovery of JPA domain classes, so it is important to know. The spec
has more information on this.

Going by the above description,
war-root/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml is the right answer.
war-root/META-INF/persistence.xml should not be picked up by the server
unless there has been a change in JPA 2.0 (work in progress spec) that I
am not aware of.

Thanks,
Sahoo