users@glassfish.java.net

Thread Pool for the TimerServicer timeout actions?

From: Dobes Vandermeer <dobesv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 01:10:34 -0800 (PST)

Is there any way to control the number of thread spawned by the TimerService
to process timeouts? Browsing the source code it *looks* like the
TimerService always uses the default ThreadPool but I could be wrong. I'd
like to limit the number of threads used to deliver timeouts to a particular
bean to a more reasonable number - say 5 - instead of having it share the
200 threads in thread-pool-1 because otherwise I'll use up all the threads
and all the database connections available.