users@glassfish.java.net

Re: v3, Servlet 3.0 and JSF

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:06:29 -0800

Hi Vince,

As of now, we're not going to depend on Servlet 3.0 features from an API
perspective. We'd like
JSF 2.0 to be able to run within a Servlet 2.5 environment to foster
adoption.

That said we should be able to leverage web fragments to provide a
default mapping for the FacesServlet, but
I can't say exactly when that will happen as we're still very busy
trying to finish implementing/polishing
the 2.0 feature set.

-rl