users@glassfish.java.net

Totally New to GlassFish - Multiple developers on one server

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 06:05:25 PST

I apologize in advance for this sounding very elementary, but I am VERY new to all this and I need a lot of guidance.

Our company has just decided to go Open Source for nearly everything. I've been tasked with learning how to setup GlassFish for our application server. Ideally, we would like to be able to setup one development GlassFish server (on Ubuntu Linux) so that each of 5 developers can develop, deploy and test their web apps independently of each other.

I've been reading about clustering, instances and domains, but I cannot seem to get a clear handle on how to go about setting something like this up. We have a similar environment currently running on Solaris and WebLogic and were hoping to be able to do it on GlassFish.

Is this possible and can someone give me some very easy to follow instructions?

Thanks!!!
dgibson
[Message sent by forum member 'dgibson' (dgibson)]