users@glassfish.java.net

deployment problem Migrating from Tomcat to GlassFish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:56:58 PST

Using Glassfish v3 Prelude (build28c) Admin Console web-GUI on JDK6 ,Linux fc10/centos5/el5 , I encountered an error which halted the deployment of the WAR file . The same WAR file works and deployed fine in Tomcat 6.0.18 . Thus, the application didnt appear in the Deployed Web Applications list in the admin console . Then I tried deploying the sample hello.war of Duke , and it works fine, just to make sure the deployer is OK . The failed WAR file using Spring2,HIbernate3,Acegi/Spring Security,Jasperreport,JSP2, Servlet &JSTL,MySQLJDBC-connector, and Javamail .The error is as below .

An error has occurred
Exception while deploying the app : java.lang.Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: LifecycleException: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Errors were encountered when compiling report expressions class file: /user123/glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/domains/domain1/config/ExternalComment_1232434464178_878757.java:4: package net.sf.jasperreports.engine does not exist import net.sf.jasperreports.engine.*; ^ /root/glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/domains/domain1/...
[Message sent by forum member 'mattzyzy' (mattzyzy)]