users@glassfish.java.net

EE Tutorial Duke's Bank,Case Study & No login

From: Tero Mäntyvaara <termant_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 20:26:52 +0200

Hi,

I am using Windows XP. I have installed JEE bundle package
java-tools-bundle-update6-windows.exe. Then I have downloaded
javaee-5-doc-tutorial-1.0_05.zip and extracted it to C:\java so that
Duke's Bank project is in directory
C:\java\javaee-5-doc-tutorial-1.0_05\javaeetutorial5\examples\dukesbank.
Then with help of the chapter 37 of the Tutorial I set up the application.

When executing the client application with RUN command in NetBeans
6.1/6.5 I get straight the BankAdmin client. If I try to search customer
id 200 I get nothing but exception about null value in server monitor.
But if I execute the client with DEBUG command and give answer no to
question "is server running in debug mode" (or something) I get first
the login window. Entering correct values opens the actual client
application and then searching customer id gives the data from database
and no exception. And if I execute the client from command line I get
the same result than executing with RUN command in NetBeans.

Somehow the authentication is skipped when running the client in normal
mode. How to fix the situation?

Tero Mäntyvaara