users@glassfish.java.net

Re: One Pager review request:V3 Connectors(Connectors, Pooling, JDBC) features

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 22:26:53 +0530

Thanks Dick for your comments !
My responses in-line.

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 08:09 +0000, Dick Davies wrote:
> I don't know where else to send this (and know it's late) but just a
> few quick notes:
>

> * '4.1.1 statement caching' - this is a good idea, are there plans for
> the glassfish level statement cache
> to take advantage of the JDBC drivers own cache if one exists?
GlassFish does not prevent the caching features provided by
jdbc-drivers.
You can enable them via the driver "properties" in the connection-pool
configuration.
eg: cachePrepStmts property of MySQL datasource.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-j-reference-configuration-properties.html

> * 4.1.5 'tracing SQL statements' will be a godsend . Is there any way
> to log which application/webapp is
> making a SQL call?
No, as this feature is provided at a pool level.

Thanks,
-Jagadish