users@glassfish.java.net

Back up DAS and JMX

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 01:59:33 PST

Hi

I sincerely appreciate the forum in helping me with my concerns till date.
Here is one more, since appserver uses JMX connectivity to monitor ndeagents/instances, hence in our HA architecture we are planning to create rules which will control auto initiation of instances, nodeagents based on certain criterion. But the issue is that DAS is running on only one machine thus making monitoring of only the standby machine possible with primary machine acting as SPOF. This issue can be resolved if there is a back up DAS running on standby machines which jumps into action when DAS on machine one fails.

Questions:
1.I hope I am not being too ambitious with this JMX thing..
2.Can another DAS run on standby machine as an active backup for DAS on primary machine ?

OR

Is it possible to write small applications which use JMX to monitor server instances//applications and take action as hard coded. If yes, is there any studying material which can take me through basics..

Regards
Anshul
[Message sent by forum member 'anzy' (anzy)]