users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problem with URL handling

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 18:41:11 -0500

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Apparently Glassfish v2 (SJSAS 9.02) does not seem to be able to handle requests with a slash character embedded in the URL.
>
> For example, http://host/app/form/form_name%2Fwith_slash
>
> '%2F' should decode to a '/' character. Instead of performing a lookup, Glassfish drops the request.

eurk nasty bug. The current behavior is broken in two places:

(1) We should allow %2f if needed (as a property).
(2) Event if not allowed, we should at relast return a proper error
pages. Can you file an issue here:

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Note that we have fixed the issue in GlassFish v3 already if you want to
try it (Prelude as well). I can certainly produce a patch for you to try
on v2.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois