users@glassfish.java.net

Re: One Pager review request:V3 Connectors(Connectors, Pooling, JDBC) featu

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:08:04 PST

comments on your comments...

Meta: most of your responses should probably be integrated into the text of the one-pager...

1. Support parameters to the constructors of ConnectionValidator and SQLTraceListener...
  Usually folks parameterize a constructor to help prevent a flood of classes that are almost the same, except for some little detail. I cannot think of a concrete case where a user would like this capability for Connectionvalidator or SQLTraceListener, though I am pretty sure someone will ask for that capability at some point.

2. Introspection of JDBC Drivers is GUI only..
  I think a command like
    'asadmin introspect-jdbc-drivers [Driver|DataSource]'

with an output similar to
   'DataSource com.sample.jdbc.DataSourceImpl
    Driver com.sample.jdbc.DriverImpl

This would be pretty easy to implement, since the same data has to be calculated for for supporting the list in the GUI...

vbk
[Message sent by forum member 'vbkraemer' (vbkraemer)]